Job Description :
The Learning Disability Support Worker role focuses around providing responsive and creative support to tenants in accordance with their individual support plans, and to meet their aims, aspirations and needs. You will be working with tenants to maximise their independence, and ensure the continuous improvement of all services to tenants.
Your experience/skills must include:
• Supporting clients with a learning disability in their homes - essential
• Working in accordance with a support plan
• An ability to establish good relationships at all levels both internally/external bodies and with tenants
• To work flexibly across the Merton Supported Housing schemes
• Meet targets and deadlines as well as balance service delivery and management demands
You will be an example of good practice in providing services to people with learning disabilities and/or vulnerable clients. Areas such as the statutory framework relating to the Supporting People Framework (including adult protection), should be a key part of your knowledge along with health and safety, risk assessment and risk management.
A Criminal Records Bureau check will be required for this role.
Company Description :
Wandle Housing Association's vision is "building communities and good places to live" and puts residents firmly at the heart of our business. Wandle are a modern and vibrant housing association, and work in partnership with 11 London boroughs and managing over 6,000 homes. Building affordable homes remains one of our main priorities, and we have an extensive development programme .